Thursday, January 10, 2008

Lunch With A Republican

A tempest brews in the sanctuary of my thoughts
behind the smile that feeds you, masking my contempt for you, encourages you to continue sharing your venom.
You've found an ally, a believer, a right thinker, maybe even a friend, or so you think.
I fill my mouth with food rather than bite my tongue or unleash the truth.
The Gods forbid I speak too soon.
Bleeding heart liberals, immigrants, and welfare trash will destroy the country your (our) ancestors fought so hard to build.
Suddenly I am full.
I wipe away the residue of lunch clinging to my face and with it the facade.
The sanctuary can no longer contain the tempest.
You are drenched in the fury of a heart that bleeds for the innocent, incapable, and the absent minded.
Awash in the horror of dissent,
you take your lunch to go.

1 comment:

Amy Lane said...

I wish I'd been there...you would have been magnificent.